Today’s Small Talk Six topic is “The last 6 things you do before you close your eyes at night.” I am not a creature of habit, in fact, I tend to always be in a state of flux but I do have a routine that I try to follow before I go to bed at night. Notice I said try because I do not always do everything on my list every night but I try to do them all most nights. *groan* I can hear my Yoda spouting husband muttering “No. Try not. Do… or do not. There is no try.” Pffffft whatev… Here’s my list:
1. Braid or twist my hair and put on my scarf ~ gotta keep my ‘do looking good
2. Check my blog for comments ~ Or reply to email if I have any
3. Pee ~ Even though I know I’m gonna pop up again 5 minutes after I lie down
4. Check my phone for messages ~ my sisters like to text me late at night and it’s usually something pretty funny
5. Read a passage from and write in my Wisdom for Women Journal ~ this helps me to focus on something positive before I go to bed
6. Say a prayer ~ I still say the prayer from my childhood….Now I lay me down to sleep….not because I don’t know how to pray but because I find the words comforting and sweet
Would you like to play along? Sure you would. It’s easy. Simply go here to find out the topics, then answer it on your blog (you can write a list, a paragraph, use pictures, vlog, etc.), then grab the badge and link up. Don’t forget to visit your fellow participants and leave some comment love.
Disclosure: I am a bookschristian.com affiliate. If you click on the link for the Wisdom for Women Journal and purchase it through bookschristian.com, I will be compensated. Bookschristian.com did not sponsor this post, I wrote it as part of a meme hosted by Momdot.com.