I’m not a big baker. It’s a time thing. But i do love myself some bread. And I do I love to cook. I especially love to try new recipes. This hasn’t always been true, when the hubs and I first got married, I couldn’t boil water. Not kidding. Could not boil water. At all. As in I actually burned the pot that I was boiling the water in because I forgot about it. Then one day, I woke up and it was like I was seeing the stove for the first time…
Anyway, the other day I was planning to make some cornbread to go with our ribs and got to thinking, how about what if I do a little something~something to it? This is what I came up with…
Yummy Spoon Bread
What Ya Need
- 2 boxes Jiffy Cornbread Mix
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cans creamed corn
- 2/3 c milk
- 1/2 c Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 c Shredded Colby Cheese
What Ya Do
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Stir until ingredients are wet, the batter will be lumpy. Don’t over mix.
- Pour into a greased cast iron pan. Maybe I should have said that first, before you start on this recipe, make sure you have a cast iron pan. They are the best pans ever.
- Let sit in the pan for about 10 minutes before putting in oven for 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Now Ya Eat
- Serve warm. With a spoon. Because, well, it’s Spoon Bread. Get it?
- After it cools, you can slice it and serve just like cornbread.
It really is delish. Do you eat Spoon Bread? Have you ever made it before? What did you do differently?
I have the research skills of a librarian, the preservation skills of an archivist, the organizational skills of a soldier and the domestic skills of a Stepford wife. I have the research skills of a librarian, the preservation skills of an archivist, the organizational skills of a soldier and the domestic skills of a Stepford wife. Read more from this author