I hope everyone had a beautiful Thanksgiving. We hosted my parents, my twin sister and her family at our home this year. The dinner was incredible, if I don’t say so myself. I was pretty proud of myself. But we did learn something… I either need a bigger oven or a double oven. It was really hard to get everything cooked and kept warm with only one oven. Just typing that makes me grateful for the silly First World problems that I face on a daily basis, because I know there are people who have it worse.
1. Sherman Hemsley, star of The Jeffersons, has been laid to rest. He died on 24 July. It is now 23 November. Hemsley’s funeral was held up over a lawsuit over his estate which is worth a reported $50,000. This only confirms my belief that weddings and funerals bring out the worst in people.
2. I think I’ve made it abundantly clear that I’m not a fan of Black Friday. I know in this economic climate it’s one of the big money makers for retailers but the craziness just gets to me, but I think this takes the cake: a Massachusetts man left his girlfriend’s 2~year~old son asleep in the car while he tried to score some major deals. After purchasing a 51~inch flat screen TV, he went home and left the child behind. What? I have a couple of questions here:
- How did he get home without the kid?
- And how mad was the mother?
3. Ya know, I thought last week would be the last week I’d write about post~election craziness but I was wrong. A Florida cop has resigned after telling co~workers that he’d volunteer to assassinate President Obama and other members of the Democratic Party. blank stare Really? During the investigation, the officer said that his words were “hyperbole and not actual threats”. Ummmm, too bad being stupid isn’t a crime.
4. I’ve never been a gambler, I can’t see working 40 hours a week just to give my paycheck to a casino, but if that’s your thing, enjoy. But that being said, you have to really like gambling to have doctor inject you with Botox and facial fillers so you can maintain a “poker face”. This new use for the cosmetic procedures is called “Pokertox” and is the brain child of a New York doctor of aesthetic medicine. I could be wrong but isn’t part of the poker playing fun, trying to figure out a person’s “tells”?
What had you scratchin’ your head this week?
I have the research skills of a librarian, the preservation skills of an archivist, the organizational skills of a soldier and the domestic skills of a Stepford wife. I have the research skills of a librarian, the preservation skills of an archivist, the organizational skills of a mother and the domestic skills of a Stepford wife. Read more from this author