A couple of days ago, the hubs and I were talking to a friend about our shopping habits after the friend asked if he has a problem with how much I spend on clothes. Obviously, this person doesn’t read my blog, because I state quite clearly where my clothes come from. Anyway, the hubs pointed out that much of what I wear comes from thrift stores, discount stores, and the sales racks, so, no, he doesn’t have a problem with my wardrobe. And, even if there was some question, I make my own money, so as long as I’m not shorting the family, the hubs is pretty easy on me about the spending. And the same goes for him.
That being said, I do follow a variety of fashion bloggers and there’s a part of me that wonders how they manage to spend so much money on one blouse. Or a tube of lipstick. Is there a part of me that wishes that I could drop a couple of bills on a skirt or a pair of shoes at will? Yes, let’s be honest here, I’d love to have a cute pair of red bottomed shoes in my closet. But, I also know, that’s not my reality. I have kids and bills, I have to watch what I spend.
So I compromise. I spend when and where I can. I want to prove to women out there that you can look cute on a budget.
Are you a shopper? How do you balance your need for style with your family’s need to eat?
I’m linking up with:
- Dear Abbyleigh ~ Dress for the Day: Clothes can affect your mood; dress for the day you want to have, not the day that’s having you
- Kiwi Womens Style ~ Wardrobe Wednesday: Sharing handmade and store bought clothes along with tips and tricks
- Lena B, Actually ~ Passion for Fashion: Whether you’re single in the city or a stay at home mom from the country… we all have a passion for fashion
- The Pleated Poppy ~ What I Wore Wednesday: Encouraging ladies everywhere to forgo sweats and yoga pants for fashionable looks
- Suburbs Mama ~ What We Wore: A linky party to share “What We Wore”
- Through the Eyes of the Mrs. ~ Passion for Fashion: Whether you’re single in the city or a stay at home mom from the country… we all have a passion for fashion
Please check them out for more fashion inspiration.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
I have the research skills of a librarian, the preservation skills of an archivist, the organizational skills of a soldier and the domestic skills of a Stepford wife. I have the research skills of a librarian, the preservation skills of an archivist, the organizational skills of a soldier and the domestic skills of a Stepford wife. Read more from this author