This week’s outfit was inspired by…
…My shoes. I’ve had these pretties in my closet for years. This may be the second time I’ve worn them. What attracted them to me in the first place was the multi~colored floral pattern. They were unique and very different from anything else I owned.
Dressing around my shoes led to a whole lot of pattern and color mixing. Florals with Dalmation spots, really? I think the black belt helped to ground all the colors and different textures from the knit of the cardi, to the sheen of the blouse, to the tweed in the skirt. Honestly, I think this may be the most I’ve ever had going on in one outfit.
And before I go, can we discuss that Dalmation print blouse? It has a sweet little Peter Pan collar that just left me stumped. I tried leaving it unbuttoned but I didn’t like the way it fell. Maybe if I’d had a chunky necklace to fill in the gap? Have you noticed that seems to be a lot of my problem, a lack of necklace? Maybe it’s time for me to go jewelry shopping.
Do you have plans for the 4th?
I’m linking up with:
- Dear Abbyleigh ~ Dress for the Day: Clothes can affect your mood; dress for the day you want to have, not the day that’s having you
- Kiwi Womens Style ~ Wardrobe Wednesday: Sharing handmade and store bought clothes along with tips and tricks
- Lena B, Actually ~ Passion for Fashion: Whether you’re single in the city or a stay at home mom from the country… we all have a passion for fashion
- The Pleated Poppy ~ What I Wore Wednesday: Encouraging ladies everywhere to forgo sweats and yoga pants for fashionable looks
- Suburbs Mama ~ What We Wore: A linky party to share “What We Wore”
Please check them out for more fashion inspiration.
I have the research skills of a librarian, the preservation skills of an archivist, the organizational skills of a soldier and the domestic skills of a Stepford wife. I have the research skills of a librarian, the preservation skills of an archivist, the organizational skills of a soldier and the domestic skills of a Stepford wife. Read more from this author