Happy Saturday! I hope all is going well in your neck of the woods. We’ve been having mad crazy storms all week long. Seriously, I never knew the sky could go from bright and sunny to dark and gloomy so quickly. In fact, we were without power for a couple of hours last night. And fearing the power wouldn’t come back on, the family and I ate ice cream by candle light. We couldn’t have all that ice cream melt. And if you eat ice cream by candle light it doesn’t count, right? Right?
Brown Oxfords, Boscov’s
I’ve decided to change Shoe Style Saturday up a bit and use this space as an opportunity to share some of my favorite posts from my internet travels this week. Please go visit and share some comment love, I’m sure they’d appreciate it:
- A Stylish Little Lady ~ When the hubs and I got married, we didn’t have a wedding. It was the ol’ Justice of the Peace for us (we were both in the Army, family and friends too far away, etc). This has always been one of our biggest regrets and now life has gotten in the way… But if I were going to plan a wedding, I’d want it to be very similar to what Chandra is planning. It’s gonna be beautiful!
- Coffee and a Book Chick ~ Natalie is a serious book lover and as a librarian, I can’t help but to love that. And with Banned Books Week just around the corner, I was happy to see that Natalie and a few other bloggers will be reading and reviewing banned books to celebrate the right to read. Side note: Natalie also hosts some crazy cool read~alongs, so if you’re a book lover, definitely check her out.
- Gigi Marie the Chic Homeschool Mama ~ Are you ready to drool on your keyboard? Then take a gander at Gina’s recipe for Baby Back Ribs. Seriously, you’ll never see a more nom worthy photo or easy to follow recipe. Really, her blog is worth a visit just for the photos.
- Rediscovering Domesticity ~ Audra is so inspirational and I love her post about evicting Bill Nye from her family’s life. She confronted his anti~creationist stance with all the love, patience and gentleness of a true defender of the faith.
Where did your shoes take you this week?
To participate in Shoe Style Saturday, all you have to do is:
- take a picture of your shoes
- post them to your blog, flickr or tumblr
- if you post to Twitter or Instagram, use the hashtag #ShoeStyleSat
- leave a comment below letting me know you’re linking up
- visit other participants and leave some comment love
So, come on and show me your femme fatale flats, those sexy stilettos and pin~up peep toes, yes, even your racy runners.