Hi, and welcome to Coffee Talk. In case you’re new here, this is where I share some of the great and not~so~great stuff that I find on the web. Topics range from news stories that leave me scratchin’ my head to DIYs that I think are absolutely clever. And there may be a recipe thrown in here or there just for fun.
1. Two weeks ago Terrilynn Monette was out celebrating her “Teacher of the Year” nomination, within a few hours she would vanish without a trace. There’s so much wrong with this story that it’s hard to find the beginning…
Monette was last seen celebrating with friends at Parlay’s, a bar in the Lakeview area of New Orleans, LA. After drinking and having a good time, Monette told her friends she was too drunk to drive home, so she was going to sleep it off in her car. side eye at the “friends” Later, a bar tender would tell the police that he had to “cut her off” because she’d had too much. giving the bar tender the stink eye as well Around 4 AM, Monette was seen talking to an unidentified male, who was questioned and released by the police. She has not been seen since.
Soooo, these are the problems that I have with this story:
- Monette’s friends were OK with her “sleeping” in her car even though she was reportedly drunk?
- In New Orleans? By herself? Really?
- The bar tender couldn’t call her a cab since she was so drunk he had to cut her off?
- We have another story of a missing black female who isn’t getting any of the press coverage that missing white females receive I hate making this about race but if this were a white girl, we’d be getting hourly updates, just saying…
If you have any information, please contact the New Orleans Police Department at 504.821.222 or Texas EquuSearch at 281.309.9500.
2. And in news that I sincerely hope is a joke, Lady Gaga is riding around in a 24~karat~gold~plated wheelchair. blank stare This fancy schmancy wheel chair also has a cushy leather seat and a canopy that kinda resembles the ones you see on baby carriages. I don’t know whether to laugh or cry. I know being over the top is her “thing” but seriously?
3. Every so often, I get a little itch do some crafting. Really, there’s nothing like wearing something that you’ve created with your own two hands. I also have the attention span of a gnat so when I make stuff, I need to see it all come together rather quickly. So if you’re anything like me, this diy beaded necklace from my friend and fellow blogger, Chandra at a stylish little lady, is perfect! Isn’t it adorbs? And you can wear it with just about anything. Suh~weet.
4. And speaking of sweet, who wants chocolate chip cookies? raises hands, jumps in the air, and does everything else to call attention to the fact that I love chocolate chip cookies My friend, Lisa at It Keeps Getting Better is sharing her recipe for The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever. My finders fee is, of course, some freshly baked cookies.
What had you talking this week?
Please feel free to join me on Facebook or Instagram where we celebrate Fist Bump Friday, which gives you the opportunity to share your good news with everyone!