Sometimes I dress like I still live in Europe ~ an eclectic mix of styles: bohemian, modern, ethnic, and vintage inspired. Everything just mashed together to create me.
When I was a teenager, I thought I was the black version of “Andie Walsh” in Pretty in Pink. I just knew that some day, some totally hot guy would look at me and my interesting style and think, yeah, I dig her. Turns out real life high school guys aren’t as romantic as movie screen high school guys. Go figure…
And speaking of old movies that take us back, isn’t it funny to think of Molly Ringwald and the gang as parents? I mean, I know we’ve all grown up, married, had kids, etc. but doesn’t it seem like they should still be in high school? I don’t want to think of The Breakfast Club as The Metamucil Club. I don’t want to know that they’re dealing with male pattern baldness and menopause… I want them to still be sliding across the floor in their tidy whities and Raybans.
What movie sums up your teen years? Please leave a link to your blog in the comments, I’d love to visit but Disqus doesn’t make finding blog links very easy. Thank you!
I’m linking up with:
- Kimba Likes ~ Wardrobe Wednesday: A chance to show your personal style. Link up on Wednesdays.
- Lena B., Actually ~ Passion for Fashion: Anything fashion goes. Link up on Fridays.
- Not Dead Yet Style ~ Visible Monday:Share what makes you feel alive. Link up on Mondays.
- The Pleated Poppy ~ What I Wore Wednesday: Encouraging ladies everywhere to forgo sweats and yoga pants for fashionable looks. Link up on Wednesdays.
- Rachel the Hat ~ Passion for Fashion: Anything fashion goes. Link up on Fridays.
Please check them out for more fashion inspiration.