- Do you like taking pictures? I’m not talking about just snapping pictures of your kids while they’re little so you can remember how sweet they used to be once they become teens? I mean, do you carry your camera everywhere you go? I do. I love snapping pictures and playing with the various editing tools. I’ve even joined a couple of photography challenges. This fall I’ll be joining up with Kristi and her crew for the Shades of Autumn Photo Challenge. For more information, go here. If you decide to join up, let me know in the comments.
- Last night I had the worst case of insomnia. Ever. I suspect it could be the copious amounts of coffee I’ve been drinking. Dude, that Chocolate Truffle coffee by Folgers is soooo good. I’m totally operating off 3 hours of sleep. Oddly enough, I’m not cranky or irritable, just my usual charming self. But I’m tired. I want to go to sleep but I refuse to do so in the hopes that I’ll sleep tonight.
- I saw Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Best movie I’ve seen all summer. Hands down. And I’m so gonna be the first in line when they release the sequel. There will be a sequel. There better be a sequel. Seeing Caesar kick butt totally reinforced my love of primates (check out my Monkey Love pictures here).
- Today the hubs and I drove around the Cape Girardeau area to get a look around. I love the river front. It’s so beautiful and dockish. Is that a word? I don’t care. It’s my blog, I can make up words if I want. Anyway, just off the river front is Main Street which literally looks like Main Street straight out of Mayberry but with a New Orleans twist. I took plenty of pictures, you can see them by clicking here.
- We found a new breakfast place, it’s called the Hickory House. They serve the most incredible Southern breakfasts ever. So far I’ve had scrambled eggs, grits, bacon, pecan pancakes and biscuits with gravy. And let’s not even discuss the portion size or the cost.
- Today I discovered that I can access Twitter and Facebook from Flipboard on the iPad. Do you know how happy this has made me? I was seriously bouncing back and forth between my notebook and my iPad when I wanted to reply to someone. Can you say librarian fail? Or rather, that chick doesn’t know the power of the machine that she holds in her hands?
What’s your favorite app, be it cell phone or iPad? What tech tool do you love?