I heart memes, they’re fun and provide a jumping off point on days when I’m having a brain blip. But rather than just participating just for the sake of participating, my aim is to participate in memes that contribute to the overall goals of my blog for this year. So with that in mind, here are the memes that I’ll be joining for the year 2011 (if you’d like to see a comprehensive list of past memes, go here):
- Daily Image 2011 ~ I was invited to this Flickr group by my friend and fellow librarian, Kathryn Greenhill; the idea is to take a picture of myself every day for the next 365 days; one of the hobbies that I tried to pick up last year was photography, so I’m looking forward to exploring what I can do with a camera and the creative ways that I can capture my image (to see my Flickr feed, go here)
- Monday Mingle ~ Hosted by Jennifer at Eighty MPH Mom; this is a fun vlogging meme where participants record themselves answering three questions that range from the silly to the thought~provoking; I enjoy this meme because it gives me a chance to see the “fun” side of bloggers and it’s really nice to be able to listen and see someone in action (also there are those fun moments when a blogger’s kids or spouses get into the shots)
- Read the Bible in 90 Days and Blogging Through The Gospels ~ Hosted by Amy at Mom’s Toolbox; I learned about this challenge last night on Twitter, I call it a challenge because reading through the Bible isn’t an easy thing to do; my goal is to read the Bible and then bog about the experience at the end of each week, this is not a Bible study but I still plan to learn something from the experience
- Support Your Local Library ~ Hosted by Jamie at Book Junkie’s Bookshelf; I work in the library, so checking out books shouldn’t be a problem, but it is (I spend a lot of time helping patrons, so I rarely have time to check the shelves for something for myself), the goal of this meme is to support my local library by checking out and reading books from the library
- What I Wore Wednesday ~ Hosted by Lindsey at The Pleated Poppy, this meme encourages moms (and women) to step out of the easy sweat pant and tee uniform and draw inspiration from others and create cute outfits
- Shoe Style Saturday ~ Hosted by me, I heart shoes but realized I was only wearing a small selection of them in my closet so I wanted to challenge myself to wear every pair of shoes that I own. I thought it’d be fun to have others join me
I will also continue with my book reviews and hope to introduce a quick and easy rating system for books. Gonna have to check and see what I can come up with (any of you book reviewers have any suggestions? just give me a shout in the comments section).