Modern Hippie: Faux Fur Vest, Poet Shirt , and Jeans
Dani Blue Sky Eagle Feather. That’s my hippie name. Everyone has one, right? I can’t remember exactly how I got that name but I do know that my cousins, my sisters, an old Arnold Schwarzenegger movie, and Buckingham County, Virginia were involved. I really wish I could remember the story because I’m sure it’s a good one. Well, as good as a story involving a bunch of 10~year~olds can be, anyway.
Even at that age I knew I was born in the wrong decade. I used to tell my mother that I should’ve been a hippie. Not a pot smoking commune dwelling hippie , but a protest sign carrying daisy pushing bell bottom wearing hippie. For the most part, I keep that side of me under wraps at work, but yesterday I really didn’t feel like fussing with my clothes so I threw on a poet shirt, flare legs, boots, and called it a day.
For all of my hippie/bohemian ways, silver jewelry has only recently made it on my radar. For years, I was a strictly gold kinda girl. I liked the warmth. But the more I look at silver pieces, the more I like them. They add a bit of funk to an outfit that I just don’t think you can get with gold jewelry.
Those boots are probably one of the most flexible articles of clothing in my closet. I can wear them with dresses like I did here and here or jeggings like I did here and here. I’m not completely sold on them with flare leg jeans though. I think flare legs require a clog style shoe or, at least, something with a more substantial heel.
PS Don’t let the sun rays fool you, it was cooooold out there but I kept getting all sorts of funky shadows in the house. The sacrifices I make for these Wednesday posts…LOL
What’s your favorite clothing decade?
I’m linking up with:
- Kimba Likes ~ Wardrobe Wednesday: A chance to show your personal style. Link up on Wednesdays.
- Lena B., Actually ~ Passion for Fashion: Anything fashion goes. Link up on Fridays.
- Not Dead Yet Style ~ Visible Monday:Share what makes you feel alive. Link up on Mondays.
- The Pleated Poppy ~ What I Wore Wednesday: Encouraging ladies everywhere to forgo sweats and yoga pants for fashionable looks. Link up on Wednesdays.
- Rachel the Hat ~ Passion for Fashion: Anything fashion goes. Link up on Fridays.