Makeup Free Monday is hosted by The Beauty Bean as an initiative for women to celebrate real beauty. I love makeup almost as much as I love shoes but I also like encouraging women to embrace their natural beauty. Confidence is beautiful, makeup is the enhancer.
If you decide to participate in Makeup Free Monday let me know in the comments.
Monday Mingle is hosted by Jenn at Eighty MPH Mom. If you’d like to participate, simply create a short vlog in which you answer the questions and then hit up the linky. Don’t forget to grab the badge and leave some comment love for your fellow participants. After all, isn’t that what mingling is all about?
This week’s questions are:
1. What did you do for your Sweet Sixteen birthday?
I don’t think we did anything special for our sixteenth birthday. We probably just had cake and ice cream or something but I can’t remember us having a big ol’ party or anything.
2. What do you think of little girls dressing like adults for pageants (think Toddlers and Tiaras)?
I think it’s incredibly stupid and borders on child abuse. Who in the world thinks it’s adorable for a toddler to shimmy and shake his or her non~existent boobs. And what parent in their right mind teaches their child that their value depends on their exterior? I think I’d feel differently if parents weren’t spray tanning, flippering and wigging out their kids to the point where they look like 3 foot tall showgirls.
3. What kind of car did you learn to drive in?
I learned to drive in a Mercedes, kinda sorta. But I got my driver’s license in a Pontiac Fiero, it was a pretty sweet ride that I paid for myself, thankyouverymuch.
Next week’s questions are:
1. What are some fun attractions near where you live (farms, amusement parks, etc.)
2. Where’s the last place you and your spouse went alone?
3. Are you happy the kids are back in school?