Do you see what I see? Yes, it’s sunlight! Can you believe it? I think everyone in Southeast Missouri was alternately confused and excited by that beaming ball of warmth ~ it’s been so long since we’ve seen it.
It was nice being able to go outside and take pictures without having to worry about ice pellets hitting me in the face. In fact, my biggest fear was that the wind would whip my skirt up. Fortunately, the material was just weighty enough to stay in place.
This skirt has been in my closet for almost a year now. I wasn’t sure how to wear it. I kept looking on Pinterest and searching Google but to no avail. Finally, I just threw caution to the wind, put on a deep blue cardi, a white tee, my lace~ups and called it a day. I think the contrast of the blue works with the different shades of brown and the white is a nice bright neutral.
What I didn’t realize when I purchased this skirt is that it’s handmade. Yeah, I know, right? Look at all the detail work on it. The lace trimmed part is actually a separate piece that works almost like a petticoat. Just love it.
The hand sewn tag on the inside of the skirt reads: “An Original By Joy Springfield, Ohio”. Thank you, Joy, I’m totally digging this skirt.
Do you wear handmade items? What’s your favorite piece?
I’m linking up with:
- Kimba Likes ~ Wardrobe Wednesday: A chance to show your personal style. Link up on Wednesdays.
- Lena B., Actually ~ Passion for Fashion: Anything fashion goes. Link up on Fridays.
- Not Dead Yet Style ~ Visible Monday:Share what makes you feel alive. Link up on Mondays.
- The Pleated Poppy ~ What I Wore Wednesday: Encouraging ladies everywhere to forgo sweats and yoga pants for fashionable looks. Link up on Wednesdays.
- Rachel the Hat ~ Passion for Fashion: Anything fashion goes. Link up on Fridays.