I’ve been seeing peplums everywhere. And every time, I’ve said “No, not me.” I think they’re adorbs, but I just saw it drawing more attention to my hips and midsection than I want. So I steered clear until I saw this cute little top on sale. It’s sheer, very femme. I thought it’d look cute balanced against my boyfriend jeans. I also have a seventeen~year~old at home who loves these types of tops, so if it didn’t work for me, at least she’d benefit.
I’m not completely sold but I’m not ready to pass the top on either.I think if I’d added a necklace to fill in the collar area it’d look a little cuter. Maybe something to bring out the greens or whites in the flowers. Note to self invest in whimsical jewelry. I also wonder if my choice of pants was off? Maybe a skinny jean?
I do think the bright yellow wedges and colorful beaded bracelets are a nice touch, don’t you?
What new trend have you tried this season? Is there one you absolutely refuse to try?
I’m linking up with:
- Dear Abbyleigh ~ Dress for the Day: Clothes can affect your mood; dress for the day you want to have, not the day that’s having you
- Kiwi Womens Style ~ Wardrobe Wednesday: Sharing handmade and store bought clothes along with tips and tricks
- Lena B, Actually ~ Passion for Fashion: Whether you’re single in the city or a stay at home mom from the country… we all have a passion for fashion
- The Pleated Poppy ~ What I Wore Wednesday: Encouraging ladies everywhere to forgo sweats and yoga pants for fashionable looks
- Suburbs Mama ~ What We Wore: A linky party to share “What We Wore”
- Through the Eyes of the Mrs. ~ Passion for Fashion: Whether you’re single in the city or a stay at home mom from the country… we all have a passion for fashion
Please check them out for more fashion inspiration.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin