1. I spent some time at my “fortress of solitude” aka the Cape Girardeau Conservation Center. I love it there. It’s so quiet. I just grab my camera and walk. Sometimes I’ll come across other people and we’ll chat for a bit, other times, it’s as if I have the whole wooded area to myself.
2. Have you ever walked past a mirror caught a glimpse of yourself and thought Who is that? That’s what happened to me the other day. I was putting my resume together and as I read it, I saw this person who is so very different from who I’ve become that it shocked me. The person on that paper was confident and accomplished. Automated Services Coordinator for 10 main libraries and 5 branches… History Instructor for both traditional and nontraditional students… Reference Librarian with Online Course Certification… That woman was strong. Impressive.
What has happened to her?
3. I saw Red Tails last night with the ladies from Sister Sister. I thought it was a good movie. Loved the cinematography, it had sort of an old newsreel vibe to it. The editing was a little bit choppy but it was still watchable. I do wish the characters had been a tad bit more developed though. And by “more developed” I mean that I’d like to have known the back story ~ how’d each man become a member of the Tuskegee Airmen? I want to know the story.
4. Are you following the political debates? For once, I’m not. This is so unlike me. I’m such a political junkie but this year, I’m totally not feeling any of it. I must do better.
5. Last week’s Project 52 2012 Edition theme was liquid. For the life of me, I couldn’t come up with one good shot. Really, you’d think with all the coffee that passes across my lips that I’d have been able to get one really good shot. I didn’t.
How’s your Saturday going?