This meme was started at MomDot.com as a way to add some chatter to the usually quiet Saturday blogosphere.
Join the fun and share your own Small Talk Six post. You can answer the question with a list of 6 words, pictures, paragraphs, etc. Then leave a link to your post here, visit the post of the person above you and leave a comment.
Today’s Small Talk Six topic is six unconventional things I think people should celebrate by throwing a party.
1. Fabulous Shoe, Bag or Clothing Purchase – Hey, that warrants at least a decent cup of coffee, a cupcake and some streamers.
2. Not Pimp Slapping the Mother-in-Law on Thanksgiving – “Oh, dear, I just brought a back up turkey, you know, just in case….”
3. Cosmetic Surgery – New nose, new boobs, whatever you had fixed is now a part of the family, introduce it properly.
4. The End of “Ladies’ Days” – Everything returns to normal and for at least the next 3 weeks there will be no bloating, crying or b!tching.
5. A Great Hair Day – “Don’t hate me ’cause I’m beautiful.”
6. 24 August 2011, 21 September 2013 and 8 January 2015 – The day after my kids’ 18th birthdays, also known as the Day I Get My Life Back.
What days do you think should be celebrated with parties? For some celebratory ideas, check out Mrs. Zeee and Harriet.