My kids love bananas. In fact, they love them so much that bananas rarely last long enough for me to make banana bread. So on those rare occasions when the bananas do start to get overly ripe, I jump at the chance to put some bread in the oven. Only this time I didn’t have any baking soda or baking powder… What to do? What to do? How about use what you have on hand?
So, here you go, Banana Bread using self~rising flour…
What Ya Need
- 6 Very Ripe Bananas, mashed
- 3 cups Self~Rising Flour
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Stick of Butter
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Cranberry Trail Mix
What Ya Do
- Preheat oven to 325º
- Cream together butter, eggs and sugar until smooth.
- Add bananas and vanilla. Beat well.
- Pour into a bread pan (this makes 2 loaves).
- Sprinkle with trail mix.
- Bake in oven for 1 hour.
Now Ya Eat
- Can be eaten warm
- My daughter puts peanut butter and honey on hers
If you make it, let me know how you like it!