I so feel like the camel from the GEICO commercial… The week is almost over, y’all! I’m going to get to see the parental units this weekend, so that has me pretty excited. I enjoy seeing them, we make each other crazy like most families but we also have a lot of laughs. I’m also looking forward to breaking out the camera, it’s been so long since I’ve taken pictures of anything besides ummmm myself. Naturally, I’ve been mentally planning my outfits since we started talking about the visit. Oh, did I mention this is also a family reunion? Yeah, it is. I haven’t seen any of these people since I was like 10. That’s gonna be fun.
This outfit will not make the cut. It’s cute and all… But not go out in the dirt or whatever people do at family reunions kinda wear. This was actually one of my work outfits. Can I say again how much I appreciate not having to wear a uniform? Or abide by a strict dress code.
Normally, I keep my accessories to a minimum: wedding set and earrings. Every now and then I’ll throw on something extra if I remember. The day I wore this, it was all about that ring. That is one big honkin’ ring but I love it. It looks all fancy and e’erything. Just makes me wanna throw my pinky up when I drink. And it only set me back a buck. Yes, $1.
Did you notice the nails? I got the idea from Pinterest. I thought it was just too funky not to try. My girls were like “Mom, that’s just crazy.” It’s not something I would wear on a regular basis, but for every now and then? Yeah, I can handle it… Next time, I want to try adding little gold bits similar to what’s in the original photo.
Do you want to know a secret about my skirt? It’s really a strapless dress. Clever, right? Well, I wanted to wear the dress to work, but ummmm strapless is hardly appropriate in the library, so I figured why not shimmy that baby down around my hips and see what happens. My co~workers were all “That’s soooo cute.” And I was like “Thank you.”
Do you have a dress code at work? How do you add your own personality to it?
I’m linking up with:
- Dear Abbyleigh ~ Dress for the Day: Clothes can affect your mood; dress for the day you want to have, not the day that’s having you
- Kiwi Womens Style ~ Wardrobe Wednesday: Sharing handmade and store bought clothes along with tips and tricks
- Lena B, Actually ~ Passion for Fashion: Whether you’re single in the city or a stay at home mom from the country… we all have a passion for fashion
- The Pleated Poppy ~ What I Wore Wednesday: Encouraging ladies everywhere to forgo sweats and yoga pants for fashionable looks
- Suburbs Mama ~ What We Wore: A linky party to share “What We Wore”
Please check them out for more fashion inspiration.