One of my photography goals this year is to learn to shoot in Manual. To accomplish this goal, I’m participating in 2 photography challenges on flickr: Challenge Friday and 52 Week Project: 2014 Edition. These are my favorite pictures from the month of January.
Earrings ~ Red
Tweezers ~ Tools
Clouds ~ Edge
Cape Girardeau ~ Urban
Are you participating in any photography challenges this year? Do you have any favorite photos from this month? Post a link so I can check them out.
10. Hot apple cider
9. Autumn displays ~ Missouri and Pennsylvania have the most beautiful Fall weather, from the falling leaves to the deep blue skies, nothing is more indicative of the hand of God at work.
8. Heated seats ~ A warm bum. Need I say more?
7. Return to school ~ I enjoy the arrival of the students back on campus. After a quiet summer, the buzz of student activity is refreshing.
6. Boots and socks ~ Can you think of a better cool weather fashion statement for the feet?
5. My favorite TV shows ~ The Walking Dead has given my television viewing new, ahem, life.
4. Big ol’ bowls of soup ~ Have you checked out my Pinterest board? I plan to add every one of those chowders, soups, and stews to the rotation.
3. Comfy sweater ~ It may be because I’m a librarian or because I’m cold blooded, but there’s little better than wrapping up in a cozy sweater.
2. Saturated colors ~ I love the deep rich colors that become so prevalent as the weather grows cooler.
1. Coffee ~ I big puffy heart coffee just about any time but sitting on the front porch with the hubs chatting over a cup of coffee makes my life.
Are you Fall person? What do you love about Fall?
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
When you’re a parent, finding time for a date night can be hard. Sometimes it seems impossible. But, let me tell you, it’s so vitally important that you carve out time for each other. I know a lot of moms put their children first but your marriage should come first and then the kids. Trust me on this one. One day your kids are going to grow up and leave your home and you’re gonna be stuck with that man that you married and the last thing you want is to be stuck staring at a stranger who you have absolutely no desire to get to know. Anyway, one of the things that hubs and I like to do is go out for coffee and walk along the river front.
Last weekend, the hubs and I went downtown and decided to take a look at the Mississippi River; we weren’t prepared for how much it had risen. Areas where we had just sat the previous month were now covered with water. click here to see more pictures The ledge where I had captured this couple was now completely submerged. click here to see the picture We were completely blown over.
Last week’s theme for the 365 Project: 2013 Edition was “Street Photography”. This was my submission; if you’d like to see my daily pictures, click here.
I’m not sure if this couple is married or if they have children but it was just sweet to see them walking by the river front holding hands.
Date night doesn’t have to be expensive nor does it have to be elaborate; it’s just about you and your husband taking time out away from the kids so you can enjoy each other’s company.
How do you and your husband reconnect?