I love mustard. Not the condiment, the color. Well, no, I like the condiment too but this isn’t a food post. That’s coming on Thursday, so stick around. Hint: it involves potatoes, corn and shrimp… Anyway, back to the scarf, I’ve been seeing mustard colored clothing and accessories everywhere, yet it was lacking in my wardrobe. Then I remembered this beautiful golden mustard colored yarn I had tucked away and instant happiness was upon me.
It took me about three days to whip up this lacy scarf. And don’t you just love the brooch? I may have to hit up some thrift stores for some more.
After posting a picture of the scarf on Facebook, I received a lot of requests for the pattern, so here it is. Just remember I’m not a pattern writer, so I did things the best I could.
- Chain 35
- Turn. Chain 5. Skip 2 chain’s on the base chain. Single crochet in the next chain. Chain 5. Skip next 3 chains and single crochet in the next chain. Repeat all the way across, ending with a single crochet.
- Turn. Chain 5. Single crochet over the center of the chain 5 (do not go through the stitch). Skip next chain, chain 5. Repeat all the way across, ending with a single crochet over the turning chain.
- Repeat step 3 until you reach the desired length for your scarf.
- You can make the scarf long so you can double wrap it and let the ends hang loose
- You can make an infinity scarf by single crocheting the ends together, this creates a ruched effect.
What are you working on this week?