If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram, you know that I like to do a little something called “Fist Bump Friday”, where I encourage my friends to share something that has made them happy during the week. Sometimes we get so bogged down with life and the crazy that comes with it that we forget to recognize the good things. So I thought it’d be fun if we all shared and celebrated together.
So please, share your good news in the comments below. Remember, it doesn’t have to be big or earth shattering. If it’s important to you, it’s important to me.
This week, I’m happy that my family and I got to spend time together. Between the twins receiving their college acceptance letters and making plans for college life, I’ve been a weepy mess…
Thanksgiving dinner was definitely a family affair: the girls and I made the pies and the hubs baked them; the hubs learned and taught us all how to use the convection oven to make ham. The girls made the vegetables, mashed potatoes, and gravy. And the boy helped clean up.
What made you happy this week?
I hope everyone had a beautiful Thanksgiving. We hosted my parents, my twin sister and her family at our home this year. The dinner was incredible, if I don’t say so myself. I was pretty proud of myself. But we did learn something… I either need a bigger oven or a double oven. It was really hard to get everything cooked and kept warm with only one oven. Just typing that makes me grateful for the silly First World problems that I face on a daily basis, because I know there are people who have it worse.
I’m also grateful for the cray cray that enables me to do these weekly posts because, wow, people are always leaving me scratchin’ my head…
1. Sherman Hemsley, star of The Jeffersons, has been laid to rest. He died on 24 July. It is now 23 November. Hemsley’s funeral was held up over a lawsuit over his estate which is worth a reported $50,000. This only confirms my belief that weddings and funerals bring out the worst in people.
2. I think I’ve made it abundantly clear that I’m not a fan of Black Friday. I know in this economic climate it’s one of the big money makers for retailers but the craziness just gets to me, but I think this takes the cake: a Massachusetts man left his girlfriend’s 2~year~old son asleep in the car while he tried to score some major deals. After purchasing a 51~inch flat screen TV, he went home and left the child behind. What? I have a couple of questions here:
- How did he get home without the kid?
- And how mad was the mother?
3. Ya know, I thought last week would be the last week I’d write about post~election craziness but I was wrong. A Florida cop has resigned after telling co~workers that he’d volunteer to assassinate President Obama and other members of the Democratic Party. blank stare Really? During the investigation, the officer said that his words were “hyperbole and not actual threats”. Ummmm, too bad being stupid isn’t a crime.
4. I’ve never been a gambler, I can’t see working 40 hours a week just to give my paycheck to a casino, but if that’s your thing, enjoy. But that being said, you have to really like gambling to have doctor inject you with Botox and facial fillers so you can maintain a “poker face”. This new use for the cosmetic procedures is called “Pokertox” and is the brain child of a New York doctor of aesthetic medicine. I could be wrong but isn’t part of the poker playing fun, trying to figure out a person’s “tells”?
What had you scratchin’ your head this week?