Don’t you just love the pop of orange from my bag? When I first saw it, I thought I’m never gonna carry an orange purse. But, now? I absolutely adore it. Because it’s such a bold color, I like to pair it with more muted/neutral tones like browns, dark greens, plums, etc. And it’s hands free, which was great for a day spent touring a college campus. There’s only one picture because Miss 18 doesn’t like her life on the interwebs. If you’d like to see the picture, click here.
I was at Annie Laurie’s Antiques in Cape Girardeau a few weeks ago and absolutely positively fell head over heels in want with this ring. Normally, I’m not drawn to silver rings but the big ol’ hunk of green called to me. And it didn’t hurt that the ring cost me less than $10.
I shop at Annie Laurie’s Antiques on a fairly regular basis because I can pick up unique pieces that don’t cost a fortune. Here are a few tips that I use when I’m on the hunt:
- Be open to things you wouldn’t normally purchase full price ~ the ring is a prime example
- Move things around ~ antique stores are not like traditional stores, things are spread out all over the place
- Visit often ~ every time I go to Annie Laurie’s I find something new and exciting
- Check for wear and tear ~ some antique/vintage stores don’t have a return policy, so check out seams and areas that are easily worn before you plunk down the cash
- Carry cash ~ sometimes vendors are willing to haggle if you’re using cash, especially at outdoor markets
Do you shop vintage? What’s your favorite piece?
I’m linking up with:
- ColorBlind ~ Thrifters Anonymous: Share your thrifted and/or discounted finds. Link up on Mondays.
- Kiwi Womens Style ~ Wardrobe Wednesday: Sharing handmade and store bought clothes along with tips and tricks. Link up on Wednesdays.
- Lena B, Actually ~ Passion for Fashion: Whether you’re single in the city or a stay at home mom from the country… we all have a passion for fashion. Link up on Fridays.
- The Pleated Poppy ~ What I Wore Wednesday: Encouraging ladies everywhere to forgo sweats and yoga pants for fashionable looks. Link up on Wednesdays.
- Rachel the Hat ~ Passion for Fashion: Whether you’re single in the city or a stay at home mom from the country… we all have a passion for fashion. Link up on Fridays.
Please check them out for more fashion inspiration.