Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I cannot wait to slip into a food induced coma. I’m hosting this year, which means that I’m supplying:
- brussels sprouts and bacon
- candied yams
- glazed carrots with craisins
- green beans
- mashed potatoes with garlic and sour cream
- corn bread
- sweet potato pie
- pumpkin pie
- pecan pie
My sister is supplying the macaroni and cheese. Now, I have to tell you about this mac~n~cheese, I am not a mac~n~cheese eater BUT one year my sister made one that was so good that I didn’t let her leave my house until she’d made several more and frozen them for me to eat later. It was that good.
My mom is bringing the stuffing. This makes me happy too. There are so many good memories wrapped up in that stuffing. Memories of my whole family gathered in the kitchen, helping my dad cook. Everyone except me. I hated cooking. But I did wander through periodically to “sample”.
What I Wore Wednesday
Wednesday was a regular work day for me. I’m a librarian, so I have a lot of flexibility in what I wear. I’m not a business suit kinda girl, so being able to express myself in my clothing is pretty important to me. In fact, it’s so important the before my interview, I went to the library to check the staff out. I’m not saying I would have turned the job down if it had been more formal but there definitely would have been so hesitancy…
What I Wore Thursday
I’m trying desperately to get into the colored tights trend. I think it looks so cool on other women, I’m still not sure how I feel about it for myself. I did read that ladies over 40 (I’m not there yet. I’ll be 40 in March so….), should stay away from patterned tights. How do you feel about patterned tights on ladies 40 and over?
What I Wore Sunday
Remember last week when I talked about all the cute skirts that I purchased at the local thrift store? Well, this is another one of them. I think this is by far my favorite. You can’t tell but it’s oh~so~very swingy. It took everything within me not to twirl. And can I tell you how much I paid for this little piece of floral happiness? $3.00! Yeah, I’m pretty darn happy.
What will you be serving for Thanksgiving dinner? More importantly though, what will you be wearing?
I’m linking up with:
- Create Hope Inspire ~ Wardrobe Wednesday: Sharing handmade and store bought clothes along with tips and tricks
- Dear Abbyleigh ~ Dress for the Day: Clothes can affect your mood; dress for the day you want to have, not the day that’s having you
- Grown~Up Plus ~ Thursday Threads: Shopping second hand is one of the best ways to stay on trend while not spending a ton of money
- The Pleated Poppy ~ What I Wore Wednesday: Encouraging ladies everywhere to forgo sweats and yoga pants for fashionable looks
Please check them out for more fashion inspiration.