It’s been a long time since I’ve posted about Meatless Monday, I guess because we’ve mostly been eating soups on those days but last night was totally different. I made a Veggie Lasagna that was to die for… OK, truth, the girls and I loved it, the guys not so much. So while it may not be a total guy pleaser, I think it’s well worth trying.
4 Zucchini (sliced)
1 Green Pepper (diced)
1 Red Onion (diced)
1 Package Frozen Spinach (defrosted)
Salt & Pepper
1 Package lasagna noodles
2 (15 oz) Ricotta Cheese
1 Package Mozzarella Cheese
1 (26 oz) can Hunt’s Chunky Vegetable Spaghetti Sauce (I love that stuff )
3 TBS Butter or Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook lasagna noodles according to directions.
- In a pan, melt butter or heat olive oil, add all vegetables except for the spinach and cook until tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a bowl, mix the cheeses, eggs and spinach. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread enough spaghetti sauce on the bottom of a lasagna pan to coat it so that your noodles don’t stick. Layer noodles so that the edges are touching. Add a generous layer of veggies, top with cheese mixture, top with noodles. Keep layering until you run out of veggies. Mine ended up being two layers. Pour sauce over noodles and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- When you remove it from the oven, let the lasagna sit for about 10 or 15 minutes before you cut into it so that everything “sets”.
Just a couple of notes, I’m not a professional recipe maker~upper so these are just the amounts that I used. I also have a large family so you may need to tweak for your family. I would encourage you to use more veggies such as eggplant, carrots, broccoli, tomatoes, etc just so that it’s heartier and has a little more color to it. I love colorful food. I just used what I had on hand so that’s why I didn’t add those things, but next time I definitely will be doing so.
If you try it, let me know what you think. I’d also be interested in knowing how you adjust the ingredients/recipe for your family.