The 4th of July weekend has come and gone. Way too quickly. We didn’t have any real plans because I had to work on Friday, so we just kinda played it by ear.
1. Why is it during the week day I could sleep til noon, but come the weekend my internal alarm goes off at 5:30 AM? The only way to make it through was with an extra large cup of coffee. Actually, that’s how I start just about every morning but you knew that already, didn’t ya?
2. The hubs and I went to the park to see the car show. There were so many vintage cars, tricked out hot rods, and oh~so~cool motorcycles but my fave was the Volkswagen van. Seriously, how can you not love them?
3. We stopped and watched some folks play mud volley ball. I can’t. But they looked like they were having fun.
4. After we left the park, we went down to the Mississippi River. The hubs and I love walking along the river, each time it’s a new experience. The water can be high or low, sometimes there are lots of people, sometimes it’s just the two of us.
5. As we were turning to leave, the hubs pointed up and told me to look at the sky… Isn’t God awesome?
6. The rest of my weekend was spent vegging on the sofa, obsessively pinning stuff on Pinterest.
7. Oh, wait, there was that quick trip to the gas station on Saturday when both the hubs and I were itching to get out of the house. How’s that for a date night? LOL
How was your weekend?
Follow my blog with Bloglovin