This morning I was at the gym, minding my own business and sweating on the treadmill when what should assault my ears but country music! OK, in my defense, there is some country music that I enjoy ~ Big and Rich, Faith Hill, Gretchen Wilson, Rascal Flats, Tim McGraw, Trace Adkins ~ but not when I’m working out. When I’m trying to get my sweat on, I need to hear something that makes me wanna move my body ~ something like Mercy by Duffy. Y’all don’t know how many times I’ve been on the treadmill and had to stop myself from breaking it down in the gym when that song plays. So today I went and picked up some headphones for my Droid and now I’m creating my playlist. I don’t know if that whole working out to banjos was a fluke but I don’t wanna risk it, ya know?
Here’s the playlist so far:
- Angie Stone ~ Rain Down
- Beyonce Featuring P. Diddy ~ Summertime
- Cher ~ Believe
- Christina Aguilera ~ Ain’t No Other Man
- Duffy ~ Mercy
- The Four Seasons ~ December, 1963 (Oh What a Night)
- Kirk Franklin ~ Brighter Day
- Israel & New Breed ~ Again I Say Rejoice
- Mary, Mary ~ Dance, Dance, Dance
- McClurkin Project ~ Every Beat of My Heart
- Natalie Wilson ~ Act Like You Know
- Natalie Wilson ~ Brother, Sister
- Natalie Wilson ~ Calvary
- Natalie Wilson ~ The Rock
- One Nation Crew ~ Hands Up
- One Nation Crew ~ Unconditional
- Raymond & Company ~ No Limits
- T~Bone, Zane, Montell Jordan ~ To Da River
- Vanessa Williams ~ Happines
I know that’s a lot of music but I want a wide variety of tunes to play while I’m walking on the treadmill. If you’ve ever walked or ran on a treadmill, you know how monotonous it can get. I think not knowing what’s coming up next will keep me going for the 30 to 45 minutes that I’m working out.
What’s on your playlist? Do your songs play randomly or do you have them set to play in a certain order?