2. What is your least favorite ethnic food, and what makes it your least favorite?
I don’t have an ethnic food that I dislike. I love food.
3. When does liking someone a lot become loving that person?
I don’t think you can say it happens in X amount of days, weeks or months, it just happens. One day, you wake up and that person is a part of you.
4. Is there a job you would do for free, and is it your current job?
I love what I do right now. I’m a librarian at a local college and I couldn’t be happier. I enjoy helping the students and working with the faculty and staff. It’s a really good gig.
5. What is one person/thing that inspired you to take action of some sort?
Last year I rocked the red pump as a member of The Red Pump Project 500 in 50 Campaign, which is a global initiative to raise awareness about women and girls who are living with HIV/AIDs. I’m participating in the campaign this year as well. I chose to do this because I was stunned and saddened by the number of women and girls (especially in the African American community) whose lives have been touched by the disease.
6. Though you might not believe in it, would you like fate to exist?
No, I believe that God is in control.
7. Tell us about a news story that truly shocked you.
I think it’s safe to say that I’m increasingly shocked by the depravity of people and can’t believe the things that they’ll do to each other. My heart especially aches when I read/hear about a child who has been abused.
8. What’s something you’re looking forward to?
Warm weather. I don’t do well with cold and snow.
9. What characteristics do you despise?
The need in some people to be physically abusive towards people who are weaker or smaller. I think it’s a cop~out to say those individuals suffer from low self esteem, no, they don’t, they’re just mean. There are people out there who are just mean.
Saturday 9 is hosted by Sam at Saturday 9. If you’d like to join the meme, simply answer the 9 questions and then hit the linky. Don’t forget to visit the other participants and leave them some comment love.