Today’s meme topic is hard – name 6 of my favorite treats in the whole world. I don’t really have much of sweet tooth. That’s not to say I don’t enjoy a bit of chocolaty decadence every now and then, it just means that I can go months without gnoshing on something sweet but when I need it, I need it. What is it that I need?
1. Espresso Truffle from Starbucks – Don’t look at the calorie count, it’ll kill ya. But man is it delish.
2. Lemon Meringue Pie – I have been known to scarf down an entire pie by myself, which is why I usually get one every six months. More than that and I’d be big as a house and battling diabetes.
3. Candy Canes – I used to use the kids as an excuse to keep them in the house during the Christmas season, then it was discovered that my children HATE candy canes.
4. Whipped Cream Pie – As easy as it sounds. A tub of Cool Whip mixed with a container of yogurt (any flavor), poured into a graham cracker pie crust, topped with fruit and refrigerated for an hour.
5. Butter Pecan Ice Cream – I’m lactose intolerant, so I don’t eat this very often. However, when I do, I make sure it’s worth the stomach cramps that are sure to follow.
6. Sweet Potato Pie – Not just any sweet potato pie, my dad’s sweet potato pie. He makes THE best pie evar! In fact, I’ve talked him into coming up for Thanksgiving just so I can have him make a couple.
If you want to join in the Small Talk Six fun, just go here to get the weekly topics. To participate in today’s Small Talk, go here and leave a comment with a link to your blog so everyone can pay you a visit. While you’re there, check out the blogs of some of the other participants…