When I got married I knew that there would be some things that I would have to give up because the husband isn’t partial to them (you know, like dating) but I didn’t think I’d have to give up certain foods. Yes, I’ve had to give up foods because my husband refuses to eat them. Really, do you know how hard it is to enjoy something while the other person is sitting there griping about it?
Well, today’s Small Talk Six topic is to name six foods I love to eat but rarely get to because at least one other person in the household doesn’t care for it. Easy.
1. Fresh vegetables ~ my husband hates the “crunchiness” of fresh veggies, so unless it comes from a can, he’s not having it and neither am I
2. Corn ~ you really don’t want to know, trust me
3. Spaghetti ~ he says that I made it too much when I was a student, that is true, but the kids were little and they loved it
4. Pomegranate Juice ~ *shrug*
5. Mushrooms ~ something about fungus is something you want to spray for and not eat
6. Peanuts, coconuts or anything that ends in nuts ~ I can only imagine
Do you want to join in the fun? Head on over here to find out the details and all the topics for 2010. To participate in today’s meme fun, go here and leave a comment with a link to your post. You can answer with pictures, lists, sentences, etc. And don’t forget to grab the badge.
I have kids but they have to try everything, unfortunately, I cannot make the hubs eat everything.