Sometimes life can get overwhelming and finding things that make us happy can become almost as important as drawing our next breath. This may seem like a drastic statement, but imagine going through life completely unhappy and unhealthy. Mmmmhmmm, now do you see what I mean? Over the last year, I’ve had to find ways to make myself happy as I deal with the ups and downs that come with job hunting, parenting, being a wife and, well, just living.
As part of their “Spring Renewal” blogging program, TwitterMoms and Tropicana asked moms to share “ten things that lead to a happier, healthier you.” If you’d like to participate, simply go here and follow the directions. In the meantime, here are the ten things that lead to a happier, healthier me:
1. Reading Mom’s Devotional Bible ~ Each scripture and anecdote provides me with tools to guide how I interact with my children
2. Writing in my Women’s Wisdom Journal ~ Bible verses center me and give me positive self~affirmations to help me throughout the day
3. Focusing on my family ~ They are the center of my world, need I say more?
4. Daily exercise ~ Being active makes me feel focused and less stressed
5. Eating healthy meals ~ A balanced diet keeps me from feeling blah
6. Raising awareness about issues that mean something to me ~ Giving back to the community and supporting organizations that help women and children to better their lives are very important to me
7. Taking time for myself ~ A happy, healthy mom is a happy, healthy family
8. Connecting with my sisters ~ My sisters and I are all spread out across the country, so once a week I try to get them on the phone and just have a good ol’ laugh
9. Working in my garden ~ This is a new hobby for me, and there is nothing more rewarding than planting seeds and watching something spring from the earth
10. “Change your shoes, change your life” ~ A good friend sent me a postcard with that written across the front and I thought, Yeah, that’s true…when your feet hurt, your day is awful but when your feet are happy, you are happy
So tell me, what do you do on a regular basis that leads to a happier, healthier you? To help support you in maintaining a happy, healthy balance, TwitterMoms and Tropicana have teamed up to offer you a special code, TWMOM-READR, to use for the Tropicana Juicy Rewards Program. Each code is worth One Juicy Rewards point ~ that’s up to $5 in savings! This one~time use code is valid for new accounts ONLY. All accounts must be created and all codes entered by 7 May 2010 at 11:59 PM EST.
Disclosure: I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Tropicana Trop50 blogging program to be eligible to win 6 free Juicy Rewards points and a $30 gift card. For more information, click here.