Week 1: The Beginning | Self Portrait
Nikon D7500 | 35mm | f/2 | 1/2500 | ISO 640
Happy New Year! So, I guess you can tell that I’m starting another 52 week project. I don’t know why I do this to myself… Actually, yeah, I do. Because I keep thinking this’ll be the year that I finish. I mean I really want to finish something. And I’d really like the opportunity to do more than just make photos of my morning coffee, although I do enjoy that. So I thought I’d let these posts do a sort of double duty, if you will. I’ll share my weekly photo and share a few highlights from the week.
So here goes…
- My baby turned twenty-one on Sunday. I’m feeling some kind of way about it. I mean, I know they grow up and all and that’s a good thing, but as of today, all of my kids are full-fledged legal adults. I don’t really know how to deal with this. If you’d like to read her thoughts, she wrote a post on her blog, A Slice of Brie.
- My study book from She Reads Truth arrived yesterday. I’m going to be reading Letters of Encouragement 1 & 2 Thessalonians. The study starts 29 January. I’m pretty excited. I’m ready to get back into The Word. I have my eye on the She Reads Truth Bible too, have you seen it?
- I lost a whole pound this week. I really shouldn’t say it like that. I worked hard to lose that pound. Made sure I got in 10,000 steps every day, burned an additional 500 calories on the treadmill, monitored my food and water intake, etc. I just kinda wish that it was more but I’m not gonna complain. I’m just going to remind myself that a healthy loss is 1 to 2 lbs per week. That is it. And I’m creating healthy habits.
- My friend, Alisa, who swears that she hates dogs, sent me the craziest and sweetest Squeekerz related products ever! I think she’s his fan club president.
- The cold spell seems to have broken and I was able to just wear a sweater and a pair of leggings yesterday. I don’t know about y’all but I was not made for winter weather. I need it to be at least 72° to be happy. But on a happy note, we did get to use the fireplace.
What made you happy last week? Share in the comments.
Have a good week,