1. Let me state for the record that I believe in that Jesus Christ is the son of God and the only way to Heaven is through Him (John 14:6, Romans 10:9~10). If you’d like to read more about my beliefs, read my Statement of Faith. There was a reason for that, I promise… A school field trip to see a church production of “Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown” was cancelled because of atheist complaints. The organization said students shouldn’t be exposed to a production with Christian themes during a school trip. Seriously, guys, it’s Charlie Brown. The parent was going to allow their child to attend the production for fear of the child being singled out for ridicule. blank stare How about instead of having everyone cater to you and your needs, you teach your child to stand up for your beliefs? There are many, many things that my kids encounter on a daily basis that go against my beliefs, I don’t shield my kids from that stuff; I explain to them what we believe and why I disagree with XYZ. You know what that does, it teaches your kids to respect and honor themselves and their beliefs. It also teaches them to think for themselves. If you truly believe what you say you believe, be prepared to defend it.
2. Oh, Penn State, as if your image hasn’t been tarnished enough, now you have sorority sisters making fun of Mexicans. Members of the Chi Omega sorority chapter posted pictures of themselves wearing sombreros and ponchos with signs that read “I Don’t Cut Grass, I Smoke It”. dead How did you guys not know this was wrong? It’s racist, ladies!
1. That Penn State situation is just getting crazier and crazier. I’m wondering if they’re going to just call it a day and close the school down? Is there any way for them to recover from this? The NCAA has levied all kinds of fines against the school, students are transferring, lawsuits are being filed… In fact, the lawyers for the victim #2 have released an audio of Sandusky offering the guy tickets to the Penn State game if he wants them. Nice. Sandusky ends the call by saying “I love you.” I’m not a violent person but even I want to punch his teeth in. Seriously? His actions are so far removed from love that there is no name for it.
2. And while I’m talking about creepy, a Florida puppeteer was arrested for talking explicitly online to another man about wanting to kidnap, rape, kill and eat small children. What in the world? What’s even scarier is that parents said that he used to host pizza parties at his house and all the neighborhood kids would wait for him to get home. Here’s a big hint for all of you moms and dads out there: if a guy is hosting parties for kids and he doesn’t have any of his own, err on the side of caution and keep your kids at home. I will never, for the life of me, understand people who just let their kids go hang out with strangers.
3. I’ve been trying to avoid the whole Jackson family drama since, well, forever, but this week when Momma Kate went missing, even I became concerned. You know, these kids are in for a world of hurt. Their father went too a lot of extremes to keep them out of the public eye, now it seems as if that entire family is doing everything to keep them front and center, even if it means destroying them… Isn’t it enough that they saw what their childhoods did to Michael, do they really have to inflict the same insanity on the next generation of Jacksons?
4. A hotel in England is replacing copies of the bible with copies of Fifty Shades of Grey. Blank stare.
1. I love coffee. No, you don’t understand, I. Really. Love. Coffee. But there are times when drinking coffee is inappropriate, the biggest being during a funeral. Apparently, Robinson Funeral Home in South Carolina doesn’t agree. They’re attaching a Starbucks to the funeral home. This is just so weird.
2. So the guy who brings us Dance Moms is in the process of creating a new reality show about wait for it…
Extended breastfeeding. Blank stare. Don’t get me wrong, I applaud women who breastfeed. I breastfed all four of my children. But do we really need to see a TV show about women who breastfeed their preschoolers? Didn’t we get enough, ummm, titillation from the Time cover a few weeks back? What will be gained from this? An educational program this won’t be. Exploitation of the families and furthering misperceptions about breastfeeding? Possibly.
3. The Penn State report was released, is anyone surprised that the powers that be covered up Sandusky’s raping of little boys to protect the University’s reputation? Seriously, when did the welfare of children start taking a back seat to a football game? I hope others who find themselves in a position to get a child out of danger see this as a cautionary tale and do the right thing ~ don’t just tell but follow up and make sure that it doesn’t happen again.
What had you scratching your head this week?
Jesus lover. Wife. Mother. Librarian.
And serious drinker of coffee...