Deep breath in, deep breath out. Tomorrow begins the next session of the Bible in 90 Days and I’m more than ready for it. I pray that those of you who are reading along with us (whether you are in Group 34 or not) are ready. This isn’t going to be easy… Things that have never challenged you before will fight with you for your time and energy. But if you push your way through, I guarantee you will find your blessing on the other side.
I’d like to offer a few tips that helped me through the process the first and second times:
- Pray before you start ~ pray for clarity, peace and understanding
- Be consistent ~ find a time that works for you and stick to it
- Don’t study while you’re supposed to be reading ~ if you find that you have questions, make a note or highlight then go back and study later
- Pray when you finish ~ pray that His word will stay in your heart, mind and soul
There are a few guidelines for participating in the Bible in 90 Days program with Mom’s Toolbox:
- You must read the Bible ~ it can be the actual Bible or an electronic version, just as long as you are reading it (listening to the Bible doesn’t count)
- You must check in ~ if you fail to check in two times in a row, you will be removed from the group and another will be put in your place
This session of #B90Days runs from 20 August thru 17 November and as a mentor (Group 34, holla) , my job will be to encourage readers through prayer, words of support on Twitter and via our accountability group. I’ll also be posting words of encouragement here on my blog, so stay tuned for those.
There’ll be weekly Twitter parties, using the hashtag #B90Days, so make sure you follow @MomsToolbox. You can also follow along and keep up with the daily reading plans by liking Mom’s Toolbox on Facebook.
If you’re joining in, please leave a comment below so I can pray for you and encourage you through this process.