2 cups brown rice
1 can Red Kidney Beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can White Navy Beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can Pinto Beans (drained and rinsed)
1 medium onion (chopped)
2 medium tomatoes (chopped)
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup frozen peas
2 TBS Olive Oil
3½ cups Vegetable Broth
Salt & Pepper (t0 taste)
- Preheat oven to 375ο
- In a 5 qt Dutch Oven (I use a cast iron pan. Most. Amazing. Pan. Ever.), heat oil and sauteé onions until tender.
- Add the rice and cook until slightly opaque (about 10 or 15 minutes); stir to keep from sticking (if needed add a little more olive oil).
- Add beans, tomatoes and vegetable broth to the rice and onion mixture. Bring to a boil.
- Cover tightly and place in the oven, baking until rice is tender and the broth has been absorbed (about an hour).
- Add the corn and peas, return to the oven and bake until heated through (another 15 minutes or so, add more a tad more vegetable broth if needed).
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.