1. Republican politicians, can I tell ya something? You really need to work on your “Hate the sin, love the sinner” message ’cause right now you’re failing miserably at explaining anything that has to do with women and rape.
2. And while I’m on the political, women can handle heated debates, so stop saying that Obama’s and Romney’s sparkless debate was because they’re “courting women voters and women can’t handle conflict.” Ummm, have you ever had contact with a woman? In this century?
3. I hate that saggy pants thing that guys do. It’s so not cool. Especially when the guy is over the age of 20. By that time the guy should have long been able to afford to buy a belt. I actually saw a guy fall while crossing the street because his pants were so saggy. The reason I’m bringing this up is because a lot of cities are trying to pass ordinances to ban saggy pants. While I’m all for ending this horribly tacky trend, I think cops have bigger issues to worry about. Then again, aren’t there already decency laws on the books?
4. Have you seen Brad Pitt’s Chanel No. 5 commercial? What in the world is he talking about? At first I thought it was some sort of PSA. This guy takes himself way too seriously.
4. A New York City police officer was arrested for allegedly plotting to kidnap, rape, kill and eat women. What the what? Here’s the thing, ladies, if you’re driving alone at night and you see flashing lights in your rear mirror, throw on your hazard lights, slow down and do not pull your car over until you’re in a well lit area. You can also dial 911, give them your location and ask for backup. If the cop is legitimate, he will understand. Do not pull your car over on a remote road. Be safe, people are crazy.
What had you scratchin’ your head this week?
- The boy got his learner’s permit this week. That’s pretty scary. I’ve lived with this boy all of his life and I’ve seen him do some things that have made me shake my head… Now he’s about to be turned lose on the public. Behind the wheel of a vehicle.
- Have you ever looked in the mirror and thought When did I become a grown up? I mean seriously, when did life become about bills, jobs, kids and stuff? What happened to the fun that we thought we’d have as soon as we got out of our parents’ house? Oh, yeah, that’s what lead to the kids and the becoming adults thing…
- How about this weather? One day it’s like 50 something, then the next it’s almost 80. I’m so used to Pennsylvania weather that I don’t know what to do with this. Part of me wants to enjoy it but the other part of me is like, dude, what the heck?
- Do you keep snacks in your car? My kids are always teasing me because I keep trail mix and stuff in my glove box, but I’m telling you, it saves lives. Remember last year when that lady survived the woods on trail mix and snow and then this week they found that 9~year~old girl who lived on Gatorade and Pop~Tarts after her father died in a car accident? Stock your cars.
- Last night while driving home from my sister’s place I thought I saw a dead body on the side of the road so I made the hubs turn the car around… It was a bag of trash.
So how was your weekend?
Today’s post was written in response to the writing prompt for National Blog Posting Month. For more information, go here.
1. That’s me with Miss 17. I’m so incredibly proud of her. I’m also slowly but surely preparing myself to let go as she prepares to go to college. I will not cry. On Friday, she and I hung out and did a bit of shopping, eating and talking. Seeing my daughter grow from a little bean to a young lady has been the most amazing trip. I’m one of those blessed moms who hasn’t had to go through all the problems
that I caused my mother with her teen daughter. That’s not to say we haven’t had our issues (at 12 she started to lose her mind, at 13 she lost it completely, but at 14 I helped her find it again, since then we’ve been pretty cool)…
Anyway, did you notice her hair? I did that last weekend. Yep, I shaved my daughter’s head. That’s what moms are for, right?
Click the picture to see the finished product!
2. Last week I taught myself how to crochet a headband
, so I decided to try to be a bit more creative and make another one using ribbon, elastic bands and crocheted flowers, so Miss 17 and I hit up the craft store. Of course, I’ll post pictures of the finished product. If it’s acceptably cute.
3. On our way home, Miss 17 and I and I had a good laugh…
How was your weekend?