1. It’s no secret that I absolutely positively hate birds and cats. Birds because they fly over head and are, um, inconsiderate. And cats because of that jumping thing they do. Well, I’ve found out that I’m in good company. Apparently Zach Randolph of the Grizzlies hates cats too. Fist bump, dude, they are some scary critters. He doesn’t like the scratching, I don’t like the jumping. It’s like we were separated at birth.
2. I know art is subjective buuuut…. I think this is stupid. A performance artist in China stripped down to his skivvies, hung three roasted chickens across a plank that was tied to his back and then had an art student cover his body in hickies for an hour and a half. At the end of the “performance”, she doused him in cold water. The message? That Chinese youth should “seek out the excellent genuine love and feelings of traditional China.” What the what?
3. Jerry Sandusky is requesting a new trial on the basis that his attorneys didn’t have enough time to properly prepare for the first trial. eye roll When is this man going to do the decent thing and just go away? I’m so sick and tired of child rapists and killers turning victim after they get caught. But I’m even more annoyed by a judicial system that allows these creeps to keep wasting tax dollars by rearing their ugly little heads every now and then. Once they’ve been tried and convicted can’t they just be banished to a cave deep in the bowels of the earth never to be seen or heard from again?
4. The list of potentially life threatening weapons seems to be expanding. A Portland man was arrested this past week for trying to choke his girlfriend with his dreadlocks. blank stare The man was arrested and charged with kidnap in the second degree along with several other Domestic Violence felony crimes. Does this mean that people are going to want to legislate hair length? And, if so, I’d like to side with the people who believe hair length is a personal choice. After all, it doesn’t matter how long or short a person’s hair is, the hair only becomes dangerous when
on the head in the hands of a crazy person.
So what had you scratchin’ your head this week?
A few weeks ago, our beloved dog, Squeekerz, ran away from home. To say the kids and I were devastated would be an understatement. For days, the kids and I would go outside calling his name, every time I drove to work, I’d look out my window to see if I saw him roaming the streets, we contacted every animal shelter in the area and posted his pictures all over the web and the local newspapers. No dog had ever been more sought after…
My parents, didn’t want to replace Squeekerz, but they thought refocusing our attention would ease the pain. So they brought us a present…
Junior is a feisty little Chihuahua who hasn’t given us a moment’s peace since his arrival. He jumps, he steals, he runs circles around us but, mostly, he makes us laugh…
And gets on Squeekerz’s nerves.
I’m linking up with:
When it comes to going on adventures, Miss 15 is the ring leader. While the rest of us may be content to kick back and do absolutely nothing for a day, she’s raring to go… And Saturday morning was no exception, at her prodding, the hubs, the girls and I headed out to the Lazy L Safari Park to see the animals…
I wasn’t sure what I was expecting, maybe just a few farm animals or something, but I was pleasantly surprised by the variety of animals at the park…
The girls were brave and fed the animals…
But I was stuck making friends with this little guy. You will never understand how badly I wanted to hold him!
Do you have a favorite animal? Why?
I’m linking up with:
My dog left his Beggin’ Strip outside and a chipmunk pilfered it
These little guys hatched right outside my front door…
Our dog, Squeekerz, a Chihuahua and Jack Russell Terrier mix
Crazy Days of Summer Photo Challenge is hosted by Alicia of Project Alicia and Kristi oflive and love…out loud. It will run from 3 June to 26 August and is open to everyone. Each Friday (posts will go live at 12:01 AM) participants are encouraged to share their favorite images inspired by the weekly theme.
The themes for June are:
Week 1: 3 June ~ Flowers
Week 2: 10 June ~ Refreshing
Week 3: 17 June ~ Water
Week 4: 24 June ~ Yellow
The themes for July are:
Week 5: 1 July ~ Light
Week 6: 8 July ~ Patriotism
Week 7: 11 July ~ Critters
- Please share your photos with others by linking directly to your Crazy Days of Summer blog post or Flickr photo, not your blog’s home page or Flickr Photostream. Feel free to share your photos in the Crazy Days of Summer Flickr Group as well.
- The linky will remain open from 12:00am Friday – 11:59pm Wednesday.
- Make a few new friends by visiting and commenting on the previous entry in the linky list.
Each Thursday, a few of Alicia’s and Kristi’s favorite images from the Crazy Days of Summer Photo Challenge will be selected and featured at Project Alicia and live and love… out loud.