According to that sweet little widget on Goodreads, I met my goal of reading 12 books during the year 2011. Hmmmm…. that may have been my stated goal on Goodreads, but I didn’t come close to making my personal goal. But I will celebrate the small victories and aim to do better next year. I had a whole list of books that I wanted to read, you know, some were classics, others were books I’d heard about through my internet wanderings and the rest were ones I saw that had interesting covers. Yes, I do judge books by their covers. What of it?
In the coming year, I’d like to branch out and read my own finds as well as a few recommendations from around the web. And by around the web, I mean those that have been suggested to me from those little “based on what you’ve read, you might like this” sorta stuff. I’m going to use my handy dandy iPad, (thank you, honey) download some books and read. And to keep me on track (and accountable), I’m going to maintain my reading list at Goodreads and LibraryThing (if you’re at either place, make sure you hit me up). I’ll also review the books as I read them (you can read my previous reviews by clicking here).
So here’s my 2012 reading list:
- Diane Chamberlain ~ The Midwife’s Confession
- F. Scott Fitzgerald ~ The Beautiful and the Damned
- Kristin Hannah ~ Night Road
- Beth Hoffman ~ Saving CeeCee Honeycut: A Novel
- Joshilynn Jackson ~ Backseat Saints
- Rona Jaffe ~ The Best of Everything
- Jerry B. Jenkins~
Soon: The Beginning of the End
- Stephen King ~ 11/22/63
- DiAnn Mills ~ Breach of Trust
- Boris Pasternak ~ Doctor Zhivago
- Deloris Philips ~
The Darkest Child: A Novel
- Elizabeth Taylor ~ The Wedding Group
- Mamie Till~Mobley ~ Death of Innocence: The Story of the Hate Crime that Changed America
- Marilynne Robinson ~ Gilead
- Joel C. Rosenberg ~ Epicenter
Wanna know what the book is about? Click on the title and that will take you to the description.
What will you be reading in 2012?