INSPIRATION ART WORK
Still Life with Irises, 1890 – Vincent van Gogh
You can read more about the painting here.
This week’s inspiration piece was curated by Salazar from 14 Shades of Grey. Salazar selected this image because they’ve been experiencing a lot of gray days and she wanted something to brighten it up. Same here. Nothing but rain for almost a week, but yesterday and today? Absolutely beautiful.
I see so many possibilities in this image: greens, bolds, blues, blacks, and browns. And then there are the textures.
What do you think you’ll wear? I can’t wait to see!
Send a picture of your Style Imitating Art inspired outfit to Salazar at email@example.com by Tuesday, 15 January. She’ll share the submissions on my blog on Wednesday, 16 January.
You don’t have to be a blogger, a photographer, or an instagrammer to join! You just have to enjoy clothes.
We’re still searching for a new cohost. Check out the details here.
Now go play in your closet,
Follow Living Outside the Stacks on Bloglovin’!
For more stylish inspiration, check out the following linkups:
Where I Co-host
- Ageless Style – Ten women, over the age of forty, prove that style is ageless
- Fab Forties – Six bloggers, over the age of forty, show they’re still fabulously fashionable
- Style Imitating Art – Style inspired by pieces of art
- Not Dead Yet Style – Visible Monday
- Not Dressed as a Lamb – I’ll Wear What I Like
- Style Nudge – Shoe and Tell
- Elegance and Mommyhood – Thursday Moda
- A Pocketful of Polka Dots – Fabulous Friday