Soooo, today is the last Monday in 2013. How crazy is that? Very, right?
Usually, I like to take the last week off from blogging so I can spend time with my family and recharge the creative battery but I didn’t do a very good job of timing my “100 Things” posts, and I don’t want to go into the New Year with unfinished business so… Here we go, a total wrap up in one final post.
61. My favorite food is seafood. Specifically, crabs.
62. I check my email obsessively. Even though I rarely get anything important.
63. I don’t set resolutions because I always break them, so I set goals. My goals for 2014 include learning how to use the Manual setting on my camera and learning to code.
64. My name is Daenel and I’m a shoe addict. The hubs had a walk in closet built into our first home with special shelving to hold all of my shoes.
65. I like to randomly text my children the following message: “Don’t tell the others but you’re my favorite.” It was funnier when they were younger but I still enjoy it.
66. I still have one of my childhood dolls but my family thinks she looks like Chucky so she has to stay in the closet.
67. I’m a news junkie. I don’t have a preference for channels or anchors, I just want to know what’s going on in the world.
68. I know all of the words to the movie Dirty Dancing. I also know the dance steps.
69. When I was a teenager I shaved one side of my head just to freak my parents out.
70. I didn’t get my driver’s license until I was 20 years old.
71. Sometimes I think about going back to school to get my PhD. I’d like to study protest movements and/or popular culture.
72. I was born in Washington, D.C. and I’ve lived in: Virginia, Texas, Colorado, Italy, Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, Pennsylvania, and Missouri.
73. Money and safety no object, I’d like to go to Madagascar.
74. When I lived in Korea, the Korean nationals who worked on post used to bring me food because they thought I was too skinny and needed to eat more. I was pregnant, I ate everything they gave me.
75. At the age of 19, I protested to end Apartheid and free Nelson Mandela.
76. In Italy, I used to skip school to hang out at Burger King. My best friend’s mom used to write us excuses to get back into class.
77. I used to say had I been an adult during the 20’s I would’ve been some gangster’s moll.
78. My sisters say I would’ve made a better hippie.
79. Either way, I would’ve been happy and stylish.
80. My favorite teacher was Cathy Devine. She was my elementary school teacher… I can’t remember what she looked like, but I remember that she made me feel special.
81. I’m a creature of habit and I enjoy routine.
82. The hubs says I should be a game show contestant. I can remember random facts but can’t remember why I walked from one room to the next.
83. My best features are my eyes. They’re also my worst. I’m blind as a bat in a tornado during a hail storm.
84. I used to collect Barbie dolls; I still have quite a few of them in storage.
85. Watching dramas with my kids is probably one of my greatest joys. They’re hilarious and can make anything funny.
86. When the kids were little I used to make brownies. One year, their teacher sent home a note saying the kids had been raving about my brownies and she wondered if I would send the recipe along with some brownies for the school Cookbook/Bake Sale. I sent in a Betty Crocker box.
87. I’m totally addicted to Pinterest.
88. I lied. I don’t have a 100 things…
89. I got my first speeding ticket the day after I got my license.
90. In 2014, I’m looking forward to bigger and better. Hopefully, there’ll be a few giveaways and plenty of laughs. Be blessed and enjoy 2014!
You can read other stuff about me by clicking here…
This post is inspired by Katie at Creole Wisdom.