I promise this is not becoming a photography blog. I promise I will start writing again. I promise to dig deeper. But sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words and sometimes it really is just a little bit more fun…
And speaking of fun, I’m going to be participating in another photography challenge! It’s called “One in Thirty” and it’s being hosted by Shaunna at Mist and Lilies. If you haven’t seen her photography, you should definitely check it out ~ stunning! Anyway, the challenge is to pick a prop and photograph it in different settings (more detailed rules are posted below) for thirty days while using Photoshop to manipulate the prop’s expressions to fit the setting. Squee!
The reason I chose the doll for my prop is because I thought I’d have more fun manipulating her expressions than I would with, say, a stuffed animal. My first choice would have been a monkey by the way…
I’m so excited about this challenge because it presents me with an opportunity to become more adept at using Photoshop. Have you tried using Photoshop? It’s not as intuitive as I had hoped so this is really gonna be a challenge. I’m hoping to learn some new tips and tricks from this challenge all while flexing my photographic muscles.
I’m not sure what I’m going to have my prop, her name is Jasmin by the way, doing or where I’ll be taking her pictures but if you have any suggestions PLEASE feel free to share them in the comments section below.
Here are the rest of the rules:
- Try to get a different setting for each shot, for each day.
- Try to use Photoshop to warp the expressions on your prop (Shaunna posts examples here and tutorials here).
- Submit your shots on Sunday in February only.
- Add the button to your post.
- Feel free to incorporate your prop shops if you participate in Ashley Sisk’s Scavenger Hunt Sundays.
- Visit other challenge participants and leave them some comment love.
The challenge starts 1 February!
Are you going to participate? Have you ever attempted a challenge using a prop?