Let’s give it up for jobs that don’t have dress codes! When I first re~entered the work force, I remember wanting a job that required business casual attire: skirt, hose, and pumps. It made me feel all grown up, you know, after years of wearing nothing but oversized tees, scrunchies, and sweat pants. Hey, it was the early 90s, we didn’t have all of these lovely blogger ladies encouraging us to
shower get dressed. Now that I’ve been in the field a while and I’ve become more comfortable in my skin, I enjoy being able to express myself through my clothing.
My job consists of a lot of desk duty and paperwork, so there are very few real opportunities for creativity. So on days when I’m fairly certain I won’t be doing anything weird like climbing on furniture, it happens, I like to do interesting things with my clothing.
One of my favorite things to wear is a dress over jeans. I’ve mentioned before that I struggle with dresses. Sometimes I think they’re too short or too shapeless or too something for them to be worn on their own so I add jeans and call it a day. For work, I had my cardi buttoned because that’s a whole lotta shoulder to be showing in the library, ya know? The funny thing is that my 18~year~old daughter now rocks a very similar look. Hmmmm, come to think of it, maybe she should change her style. I’ve been wearing this look waaaay longer so I shouldn’t have to change just because an 18~year~old and I are dressing alike, right? As I was saying, she wears a similar look except she prefers jeggings and boots, which look absolutely adorbs on her. You’ll just have to take my word for it, she’s so not a picture person.
Do you have a “go to” outfit for work? What is it?
I’m linking up with:
- Kimba Likes ~ Wardrobe Wednesday: A chance to show your personal style. Link up on Wednesdays.
- Lena B., Actually ~ Passion for Fashion: Anything fashion goes. Link up on Fridays.
- Not Dead Yet Style ~ Visible Monday:Share what makes you feel alive. Link up on Mondays.
- The Pleated Poppy ~ What I Wore Wednesday: Encouraging ladies everywhere to forgo sweats and yoga pants for fashionable looks. Link up on Wednesdays.
- Rachel the Hat ~ Passion for Fashion: Anything fashion goes. Link up on Fridays.
Please check them out for more fashion inspiration.