10. Hot apple cider
9. Autumn displays ~ Missouri and Pennsylvania have the most beautiful Fall weather, from the falling leaves to the deep blue skies, nothing is more indicative of the hand of God at work.
8. Heated seats ~ A warm bum. Need I say more?
7. Return to school ~ I enjoy the arrival of the students back on campus. After a quiet summer, the buzz of student activity is refreshing.
6. Boots and socks ~ Can you think of a better cool weather fashion statement for the feet?
5. My favorite TV shows ~ The Walking Dead has given my television viewing new, ahem, life.
4. Big ol’ bowls of soup ~ Have you checked out my Pinterest board? I plan to add every one of those chowders, soups, and stews to the rotation.
3. Comfy sweater ~ It may be because I’m a librarian or because I’m cold blooded, but there’s little better than wrapping up in a cozy sweater.
2. Saturated colors ~ I love the deep rich colors that become so prevalent as the weather grows cooler.
1. Coffee ~ I big puffy heart coffee just about any time but sitting on the front porch with the hubs chatting over a cup of coffee makes my life.
Are you Fall person? What do you love about Fall?
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
I know I’ve mentioned this before, but it never hurts to say it again, “I love sweater weather!” Fall is by far my favorite season of the year. I love snuggling up with cozy sweaters, eating comfort foods and watching my favorite TV shows. “Hell on Wheels“, anyone? But there are a few other things I’m looking forward to this Fall, some are old and some are new, either way I’m looking forward to everything that Fall has to offer:
1. Seasonal Coffee Flavors
Oh sweet coffee! Not just the regular flavors but the seasonal ones like Salted Caramel Mocha. I’m so not a Pumpkin Spice Latte fan. Going to coffee houses to get my fix can be pretty expensive, so I searched high and wide for a recipe that I could make at home and I found one at Raves, Faves & Must Haves. ‘Cause that’s what librarians do, we find stuff.
2. New Boots
My favorite pair of boots finally kicked the bucket. I adored those boots. I wore them with everything ~ skirts, dresses, jeans, etc. I even wore them after the uppers started to crack and the layers started to peel. I drew the line, however, when water started seeping through the cracks and getting my feet wet. So now the search is on for the perfect replacement…
3. Feathering the Nest
Since moving to Missouri, the hubs and I have discovered that we enjoy antiquing and checking out second hand shops. In fact, every weekend for the past few weeks, he and I have gotten up bright and early to check out some of the local shops. We enjoy finding pieces that will will fit into our new home. I’ll show you more of our purchases in a later post, a little hint: that globe was our latest purchase.
What are you looking forward to this Fall?